Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lifebegins
      Participant

Hi all,

To the women who have supported me through this horrendous period, encouraged me to go to the police and ultimately got out of my nightmare, thank you. I couldn’t have done it without you. I can’t express what you and this forum has done for me in realising that I was being abused and taking the action I needed to take to get out.

I’m not going to sugarcoat it. This has been an extremely difficult period and I have a long road ahead. But today I had my first taste of what life can be like at the other side.

I went to visit my friend today for lunch. A friend I wasn’t allowed to have previously because she annoyed my ex. I didn’t have to ask permission first to go to lunch. I wasn’t told before I left ‘why are you wearing that it looks hideous’. I wasn’t given a deadline of when I have to be home. I wasn’t punished before and after for the fact I went out to visit a friend.

You know what, today felt pretty good! Xx

Wants To Help
      Participant

Welcome to freedom LifeBegins 🙂

And well done on taking that huge leap to do it. We all just nudged you in the right direction, ultimately, it’s you that had to take the leap, and we’re so glad you did. Now you know why we all left!

Lifebegins
      Participant

WTH, thank you so much 🙏 xx

iliketea
      Participant

Well done! That’s great, and bet you feel a little bit stronger now too. xx

Beautifulday
      Participant

well Done! This is the start of your freedom you should feel extremely proud of yourself x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content