Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Liquorice
      Participant

I spoke to someone who has been giving me advice through messages for some time now. I kind of trust her, she seems genuine and has been through very rough times herself. She advised me to take photos of bruising and keep them safe for the future?? It took a few days but i have taken them, however i cant keep them as looking at them is making me feel, well i dont know really but i keep looking and thinking they are not me! She says i can send them to her but im worried she may pass them on, probably thinking its in my best interests but its not. I want to delete them, has anyone else kept photos before?

endoftherainbow
      Participant

Hello, I had the same problem, I had photos of my injuries, I was advised to keep them kn case I needed the. I wouldn’t send them to anyone else, you never know what might happen in the future, if you fell out or something. I emailed the photos to myself, it meant I had the photos but I was able to delete them off my phone, hope this helps x*x

Liquorice
      Participant

Thanks, yeah she said email them but my husband knows my email details. I suppose i could set up another email, it just feels so scary having something thats there to look at

Tiffany
      Participant

Please save them somewhere safe. Setting up a secret email sounds like a good place. Unfortunately you might need them.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

In terms of safety I would just keep them somewhere private and safe where you have them if you need them for evidence later on. Setting up a secret email to email them to yourself sounds like a good idea, so that your husband can’t see them and they still remain private, and you’re not tempted to look at them on your phone all the time. I did a similar thing with photos related to my ex, I had to delete them all off my phone as I found myself constantly looking at them trying to work out what had happened in the relationship, so I just put them on my computer and stored them somewhere safely. I used some of them as evidence when I went to the police.

It will help as evidence to have them if you need them later on with the police. I wouldn’t however email them to anyone else as I don’t see how that helps and in the worst case scenario they could end up public without your consent even if it was by accident.

iwillbeok
      Participant

Hi Liqourice, I agree with the other ladies. Keep these safe and hidden. Email to a secret email he doesn’t know about. Don’t forget to delete from sent messages, then delete from your phone. Also make sure that you delete them from any automatic cloud storage your phone might back up to eg google photos/iCloud. I wouldn’t send to any third party as they are then out of your control as to who sees them, what is done with them, etc. This wellmeaning person may trigger events that you are not yet ready to deal with or make your situation even more unsafw. You need to do things at your own pace, learn to trust your own gut feelings, not have someone else set the agenda. Aftet all isn’t that what we are trying to escape when we escape these abusers? Stay strong hon, trust your inner boice, and keep safe.

Xx
      Ps another option – my phone (android) has a private setting where I can store photos and files using an additonal different password. These don’t show up in the camera roll (not even the album). You have to go through settings to re-open it…

Liquorice
      Participant

Thanks ladies, i have set up another email and sent them there and removed them of my phone. I feel better already just not looking at them, even though they are still present on my legs having them on my phone was really getting to me xx

KIP.
      Participant

Remember to delete the search history on your browser if he has access x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content