But the more i try, the more the chances decrease
      I hate this world and everyone in it
      Because its killing me slowly, bit by bit

Helovesmehesays
      Participant

I can honestly relate to this right now 🙁

wishfulthinking
      Participant

Im sorry to hear that helovesmehesays, this was something i wrote after having a massive argument with hubby when he dissed my dead mother, and called me a (Detail removed by Moderator) and threatened to slap me because i was disrespecting him by raising my voice……..a really sad and dark time for me, my lowest point in my life

wishfulthinking
      Participant

Just a question………do abusers EVER change, for anyone?

KIP.
      Participant

I haven’t heard of one in all the years I’ve been on here. Read the book by Lundy Bancroft. ‘Why Does he do that’. The abusers behaviour gets him what he wants so why should he change. He will just move his behaviour to another victim x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

What a beautifully written post, a poem really. I think we can all relate to it, at one point or another we all have gone through this dark place and felt exactly like you described it.

Abusers change tactics, victims, but one thing stays constant; their need to exploit, control and have power over others.
      No they never change for anyone, if they change it’s for themselves, to be able to exploit others even better. It’s all about them.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Helovesmehesays, I want to send you some strengths and a comforting big warm hug to you, take good care of yourself, just a nice warm cup of tea if you can and a warm shower.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

What a beautiful poem which is relevant to so many of us. The words are full of the pain and misery that is our lives.
      💕💕

fizzylem
      Participant

Thanks for this WT; it makes me smile, let me explain, when I read this I know you have had to focus your mind while doing it, shows me you can focus your mind on anything when you choose to do so, it also shows me you are giving yourself what you need by engaging with your pain – you are processing and trying to make sense of things – this will take you a few more steps closer to being out on the otherside. It shows us all how so very important it is to express how we feel, even when alone we can do this by writing a letter or poem like yours.

You’ll get there flower, just remember one thing tho, it was never about anything you did, he would have done it all the same, with you, someone else, and the next. You’re lovely just the way you are. Do only what feels right for you now – always x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content