Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

“One thing is certain: The power of belief, the power of thought, will move reality in the direction of what we believe and conceive of it. If you really believe you can do something, you can. This is a fact. When you clearly envision a victorious outcome, engrave it in your heart and are firmly convinced that you will attain it, your brain makes every effort to realize the mental image you have created. And then, through your unceasing efforts, that victory is finally made a reality.” ~ Daisaku Ikeda

I honestly believe at my worst i truely believed i was going to be ok. to really believe we can do this/get through this is the biggest most difficult idea to get into our heads when we had some one stir our brains up intentionally. im not religious and i can see the damage some beliefs cause in the world. if we truly believe we can do it xx

Escapee
      Participant

Diymum, I am so with you!!

As cr***y as every step can be as we untangle ourselves and start to heal, if you hold on to that little voice that says you’re ok; you’re going to make it through this; then you start to win.
      Even in my darkest moments (and I’ve had a few and wouldn’t be surprised if I have to fight them again before I’m through to the other side) when I have felt that I just couldn’t take the pain and loneliness, there was still a small flame of belief.

Keep that flame burning my brave friends 😊💕

diymum@1
      Participant

we have no choice because what other one do we have really? to give up? no never its worth the fight and there are always brighter days. ive tried this and when ive really believed it happened xx who needs a fairy god mother eh but it would be nice 🙂 xx

Escapee
      Participant

Or a magic wand!! 🌟💫

Cecile
      Participant

I love that quote. A few months ago I worked a step by step way out of this, I imagined and saw myself myself at each stage. It is all slowly coming to fruition, although painfully. But I never thought I could get this far. Diymu. Is right, you are an inspiration, please keep telling your story.

I am reading Lundy Bancroft, slowly, because everything he writes is absolutely the truth. (In “why does he do that”.) He makes it all clarified and plain and when I feel myself wobbling this book reinforces my belief that I am not crazy or bad, the oh is.

diymum@1
      Participant

Have you read the encouragement one? Lundy Bancroft it’s a real comfort to read xx

diymum@1
      Participant

These men are abit like cancer. It does depend on our mindset if we can beat them. Not literally but you know what I mean 👍 we get faced with extreme adversity in this situation. I can remember a conversation I had with a man (true storey)he had liver cancer and was given a week to live. He asked me what would you do? Stay in a hospital bed till I die -I don’t think I can. He had no symptoms so could walk etc. I said to him well what do you like doing most? He played golf so he signed himself out off hospital and off to the golf course he went. He actually died on the golf course was the last I heard. That really made me think in the face of adversity he was so 💪 strong. I think we ladies are the same but we have a real chance at life xx that’s how I see it from seeing his side off things xx

Cecile
        Participant

I will read the encouragement one next, Diymum

Iwantmeback
      Participant

LOA all the way DIY 💞💞

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content