Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Hello all. There has been a major development which is so positive. I can’t find the words to share it or to say it out loud but I promise an update will comes soon x*x

Savingmyself
      Participant

Yay you deserve all the happiness in the world
      Big hugs x*x

Thank you 😚 so do you we all do. All I can say is soon it will be over. He can’t hurt me anymore he can try but I’ve realised I’ve broken free and now I have control in my life. Also, my solicitor has given me some very good advice so I know he ain’t got a leg to stand on. I feel like I should be crying with a sense of relief but the tears won’t come out. I think I’m looking for that reaction but it’s not going to come. I know I have my life to rebuild now and I’m excited for that but I can’t believe that I have persevered, been so strong and stood up to him. All of these things he thought I didn’t have strength to do. Little did he know I’m a woman of steel!!! Has this really happened? I thought I would never be able to get rid of him.

KIP.
      Participant

I’m so happy for your positive news and I don’t want to dampen your spirits but I built myself up because of his game. Then he pulled the rug from under me. Enjoy your moment but please keep alert X

Yes, I am really pleased for you too Positive.

But like KIP has said, stay aware, strong & ready.

I finished with my ex, I felt sure and was ok.

He pulled the carpet from beneath my feet at my that point, took away my control and peace of mind & has controlled my mind somewhat since then.

Thank you both my solicitor has advised he has no grounds to contest the divorce and very cert soon the next stage will be happening. He’s been given a time limit to do something and if he doesn’t then we go ahead without him anyway. For me that’s so positive because he’s a cheap idiot he won’t pay to contest as the odds are stacked against him! The fact that I’ve got to this point after months proves to him I am not backing down and I’m giving him this divorce whether he likes it or not. I’m the petitioner I’m the one in control and I’ve completely ignored any of his pathetic attempts to contact me or manipulation into changing my mind. I’ve done that myself! Also I’ve found that there is a block facility now on emails so I’m going to block him very shortly and I have a new number which he doesn’t have. I am strong, independent and the same girl who would say NO I AM NOT TAKING this has risen from the ashes. He’s a loser I thought he would completely disagree to my allegations of domestic violence and was so worried about that but he’s ignored it being the COWARD he really is. He’s not a man I’ve got more balls than he has to even get to this point!! I’m very proud of myself for getting here soon it will be a case of hello decree absolute goodbye loser hello LIFE! My God have I started to embrace it.

Good luck Positive, you sound very Positive!

I do hope it goes smoothly for you. Setbacks happen so beware. I still think about my ex every single day and every single morning as soon as I wake up. I wish I didn’t. I want to think what I chose to think, to be in control of my thinking. Where there is any vague contact, reminder, memory etc, your thoughts are hijacked. This does get less over time and the more NC you have. X*X

Thank you 😊. I’m stepping on him now with killer heels he thought he walked all over me well the tables have well and truly turned. My solicitor is amazing she is showing him whose boss and her latest letter has sent me into fits of laughs lol he’s a loser you can’t behave like he did with me in the real world there is something called consequences! I’ve maintained no contact throughout I would rather put pins in my eyes. I won’t be thinking about this loser soon my life has just BEGAN. It will more be a case of that idiot thinking about me because everything I was to him was real unlike what he did to me. I’m a lovely person inside and out and his own family said he will think about me until the day he dies and he will that’s karma for you! Hurt someone else watch what happens to you. I can’t wait to start making my dreams come true my life is my own now and you watch how amazing and solid I am going to make my future. There is no one dragging me down he picked the wrong victim. He’s not even a proper naraccist this girl cannot be broken he’s just simply the dumbest person in the universe lol

I do believe in Karma, what goes around will eventually come around. I remember when I first met my ex, when he turned up I thought he looked downbeat and a bit of a scruff. He was also late. I wouldn’t normally have gone for him, but he was charming and charismatic. As I got to know him his life was a shambles, there were agencies chasing him for money, he had fallen out with some neighbours, there was suspicions about his honesty and reliability at work. A range of women were suspiciously hanging around, his story about his marriage didn’t add up. It all just painted a dodgy picture. I believe if a person has nothing to hide, no ghosts in the closet there wouldn’t be all of these oddities.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content