Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      NewWings
      Participant

Read an article today written by a man about the way women have been treated or rather mistreated over the centuries. How once they married what little independence they had was taken away. I remember being told that the old saying was women and children should not be heard. Rule of thumb reference to law that allowed a man a man to beat his wife and children with a stick as long as it wasn’t wider than his thumb. Women have been subjugated to probably the worst treatment by mankind. Why we still love them heaven knows. My own father believed in me but this made my mother jealous to the point where she competed even for that attention too. She was the n********t a covert one the worst. All of her children bar one have had mental health problems why because she had no empathy. Beautiful charming good housekeeper with a large amount of skivying by me and no thanks ever. The result eating disorders and scapegoating. So I had to take my power back and that’s what abusers loath loss of supply and someone to point a finger at. Oh and by the way they can kill you. The most recent case on the news drew my attention as some reporter in a broad sheet said she was murderer and DV was no excuse for what she did. Well there you have it no empathy and certainly no evidence from what I could gather. The response was visceral “hang em high”
      I think one of the main reasons women were held back was because they didn’t band together. I listened to a late night pod cast Women’s hour and they were describing how brilliant online dating was for them and how it redressed female power as they could get lots of dates and if it didt work out well at least you’d had a good night out. Lol I was nearly sick, the thing they couldn’t see was the thing they were trading was their looks and youth. No mention was made of the age of the men and then one of them mentioned that women were getting one over on men by selling their pants to them online I kid you not. Whey hey that’s real feminism. Japanese girls were doing that over 20 years ago and that’s a really egalitarian society! If Mrs Pankhurst hadn’t started it off we’d still be waiting for something to happen. Malcolm X said something like when people cry over their situation nothing happens when they get angry it brings a change. I need to tap into my inner warrior and stand strong. You are the real deal ladies you have walked the walk. Big hugs

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content