Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Llamaly1
      Participant

Hi everyone,

My son, nearly an adult, keeps getting messages from his father that are basically bad mouthing me, a lot, and saying I’m not ‘behaving rationally’ (he’s always told kids that I’m mad, insane, irrational etc) and saying how my son HAS to see him to chat about things and sort things out. He hasn’t seen him in over (detail removed by Moderator) years after he threatened to physically hurt him, amongst many other things.

(detail removed by Moderator)

My question is, can the police do anything about the messages to my son and is it even worth reporting it seeing as they’ve been no help to me whatsoever so far. ((detail removed by Moderator))

Thanks for any help 🙂

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Llamaly1

I’m sorry to hear this is still happening for you/your son.

Would there be an increase in risk if your son were to block his father, in all possible apps and phone?

If you think it could cause an escalation it would be worth recording it with the police, giving evidence of messages and then stating what your next step is and that you fear escalation based on your previous experiences. That is then held on your record, and it may be considered necessary to flag your address. At least there would be some forewarning in place of your actions to keep yourselves safe, and you could at the same time ask to have your previous case escalated for complaint so it would be reviewed and reconsidered potentially for charges?

Nothing to lose in asking I guess.

I hope this can be stopped so you can all live in peace finally.

warmes wishes

ts

Llamaly1
      Participant

Hi Twisted Sister,

Thanks for replying. My first reply was removed as I had too much info 😬 but just wanted to say thanks.
      I’ve chatted to my son and said for him to think about what he wants to do. He’s tried blocking but he then just gets his sibling to send messages. I’m sure he would escalate whatever we do, he just doesn’t stop.

I’ll let you know how it goes if we report. Many thanks again 😊

Twisted Sister
        Participant

It is unfair for the sibling to receive these things and must be advised that under no circumstances should they be passed on to your son. I know its not a straightforward situation, but the sibling must realise how unfair it is to be used to receive messages for someone else, and that if it continues that sibling will also have to block father after he’s given him warning, or someone has.

Good luck, I know how hard it is, it brings to mind the water can’t be blocked, every tiniest little gap has to be blocked! Its so exhausting isn’t it, and I hope you can find a way to shut him out of your lives, because he will never stop the abuse.

warmest wishes

ts

Mellow
      Blocked

If son is getting unwanted contact it is harassment father or not

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content