Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

Something hit home today.

Today, I heard that a boy in my eldest son’s year took his own life. No one had any inkling. It made me realise how vulnerable boys are.

I am so glad I got rid of my abuser. My eldest is free of his daily taunts. Yes, he calls me annoying for telling him how much I love him, but I would rather that than be ineffectual.

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Absolutely Serenity, children and teenagers are so vulnerable to mental health issues these days even without abuse to deal with. Thank goodness you have been so brave and your boys have you and a safe, loving home as they go through these years xx

Confused123
      Participant

HI

I know it really hits home when we hear youngster have taken their lives, sending love to the boys family

KIP.
      Participant

This was something that worried me because of how suicidal I felt when with an abuser. Keep telling him he is loved. Such a sad thing to deal with and at Christmas too. I have limited contact with my son because of his abusers influence. All I can do is tell him he is loved and always welcome in my life but I won’t tolerate abuse. It’s a harsh lesson, we can love our children but not necessarily like their behaviour.

Nova
      Participant

Serenity, important issues raised, to post re suicide & people’s struggles with mental health.

Vital to support our kids and make sure they know we are on their side, we are ‘normal’ we love & care, show empathy, have a conscience, & understand the importance of mutual respect.Respect & Integrity. As Kip points out …with boundaries. That are healthy, and help to maintain happy positive relationships in the real world …outside of abuse.

C x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content