Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Iam feeling pretty good today sorted some debts this morning which got me in a mess due to my ex!! Well you know what dear ex iam a survivor not a victim iam unstoppable 😁😁😁😁😁

Suntree
      Participant

πŸ™‚ Good for you

Serenity
      Participant

Fantastic. Go, you xx

😊 love this, well done you x

Anonymous
      Inactive

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

White Rose
      Participant

Good for you. Such positive energy in that post – love it!

Serenity
      Participant

One of the first things my ex did when we got ogether was to take control of our money.

Thought I had worked, had no university debt etc, he made me feel like I was stupid compared to him as far as money went. So he took over, hence he managed to hide money away.

When he left, he made sure that he left me with zero money and that he left me with huge bills so that I would be in great debt. I was also scared, as he’d made me childlike regarding finances to a large degree- I didn’t know anything about mortgages and so forth.

It took me a couple of years to get bs k on my feet on that score. I’ve still not paid back all of the debt he left me with, but I’ve arranged manageable instalments. The providers have been very kind: once you tell people your situation, provisions are often put in place.

My friend told me that it wouldn’t take long for me to learn all those things that he’d made me fearful of. It’s true. I organise house repairs, or do them myself;I keep the car serviced ( I rely on it for my job); I have realised that he made me fearful of the world and made me feel stupid, but in fact many people are kind out there and will try to help, and I’m not stupid at all!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I new my ex was useless with money he would spend spend and not pay the bills .He wanted to leave all the debt and move me further away from work . I took control of the bills the rage in his eyes devil eyes . I found out when I left my abusive relationship he was asking my best friend for money luckily I did not have a joint bank account with him .. my ex never wanted me to put my wages in my bank ..I bought him a valentine’s present he asked where I got the money I said I saved my money ..He wanted to leave me pennyless I had no choice to plan my escape … He’s an abuser always will be

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions β”‚ Privacy & cookie policy β”‚ Site map β”‚ Protect yourself onlineβ”‚ MediaΒ β”‚Β Jobs β”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content