Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Struggling with my ex as I try to sort finances. I knew it would be difficult but didn’t expect it to trigger me as much. He has recently asked for some items from the house. ISome of them are laughable but show the level of his pettiness. But I am struggling with it. All his items are stored in an outbuilding, I have a restraining order and he’s not allowed here. My instinct is I need to find all the items listed and get them ready because in the past that’s what I would have done. It’s really churned me up. My solicitor has said it’s not up to me , he needs to get a third party to collect but I just feel sick. Why does it still have this effect?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Bettertimesahead,

It’s understandable you are feeling anxious in this situation. It does sound ideal that there is a third party to collect the items as well, especially as there is an order in place.
      You can speak to your local domestic abuse service about how you are feeling and they can offer emotional support or any practical advice as well around this.
      For extra emotional support at this time, you may want to try speaking with Supportline, who offer confidential emotional support by telephone, email and post. They work with callers to develop healthy, positive coping strategies, an inner feeling of strength and increased self-esteem to encourage healing, recovery and moving forward with life. They also keep details of counsellors, agencies and support groups throughout the UK. They cover a wide range of issues, including domestic abuse. They can also refer locally. You can contact them on 01708 765200 or visit their website.
      Keep posting to let us know how you get on.
      Take care,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content