Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      survivor432
      Participant

Hi ladies,
      I am new here, I have suffered from emotional, physical, and psychological abuse all my life and I have few neurodevelopmental disabilities and I cut my parents from my life (detail removed by Moderator) ago and they turned up at my door (detail removed by Moderator) and I am just having a really tough time getting my head around the fact that I had to ask them to leave and all the trauma-related memories it brought back.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Survivor432,

I’m sorry to hear what you’ve been through. Your family turning up must have been very triggering and distressing. I imagine you are feeling quite shaken up by this.

I hope you find the forum a supportive place to be, abuse from family members is still domestic abuse and I’m sure other users will be able to offer some support and advice.

Take care and keep posting.
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content