Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Confused123
      Participant

Hi Ladies

My scenario isnt as bad as half as what u lot are experiencing , but i suppose this site is a good palcce to let out how i feel, as some of u know my eldest has moved out and gone bk to town i left, today in our culture we celebrated diwalli, and i missed my eldest so much, i just miss his presence so much, not only that , i think my ex had me so isolated from everyone even my own family that now i am with my own family, i still feel mout of place, i see all my family mixing in with each another and even though they show me lots of love, when we have get togethers at special occassion i just miss ex and his family. I know they have cut me off for walking away, but when they were part of your family for so long and u treated them as your own it still hurts how they juyst cut u out. I keep telling myself today why miss the guy that just beat u up , the family that never let u walk away , i try to be greatful that i can now do simple things like sleep in peace, not getting beaten up and can but things with out them been smashed up , but just not having my eldest with me was so upsetting, even my youngest was talking about his dad today and how he mmade diwalli special, i said to him are u missing your dad, and he replied no, even though it was clear to me he was, luckily we left conversation at that. Im trying so hard to give attention to my youngest now and let him know his important as the last two years i feel have just gone focusing on my eldest who has really shown disrupptive beahviour and emotional issues. maybe after the divorce this will be the final disconnection to this vile family who sadly i cared about so much, but what can u do when some people choose to be vile

SaharaD
      Participant

Hi Confused

Yes celebrations are difficult for me as I spend them mostly alone. I send a few emails and texts to friends and that’s it.

Yes it’s a good idea to focus on the last one to fly the coop. What is done is done for your eldest. I’m sorry that you feel awkward in your own family but I think with time you will feel less so.

You can only make it as special as possible for you and those who are now close to you.

Take care.

Nova
      Participant

Hi Confused…it’s tough times like celebrations etc that make me too feel isolated even more!

I feel for you …as well as your son flying the nest, is not easy.
      Sounds like step by step is working & your moving ahead & away from the troubles of your past…the future is Brian bright Diwali light!
      It’s a good feeling to be free & you have your family around you, keep strong!

Big hugs xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content