Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      GrumbleBear
      Participant

He’s trying to get me to react with his general behaviour and some things he is saying, all quite lowkey and just to quietly wind me up I think. I’m really trying to ignore him with not having the security of the kids school but I think it’s only a matter of time before he really kicks off (verbally I mean, he hasn’t ever been violent!)

Bananaboat
      Participant

Focus on you and the kids, take yourself to bed early to avoid if possible. This period before they blow is hard, look after yourself and forgive yourself if the inevitable happens and he makes you snap & react x

GrumbleBear
        Participant

It’s the constant switch between nice/kind and then the jabs/insults/demands and saying something cruel but as if he’s joking. If I say anything I’m wrong. Feel bad for wishing I was at work because I have my own children here and want to enjoy my time with them!

Bananaboat
        Participant

Oh I know this well. I learnt to just focus on my kids, he’ll react whatever you do and yes it’ll probably be ‘you’re treating my kids differently’ but better to have some fun with them baking or in the garden than everyone sitting around just waiting for him to snap. You can’t win and kids pick up on the tension x

KIP.
      Participant

Abusers are extremely jealous and cannot stand when our attention is elsewhere. They stunt our growth and our happiness makes their abuse worse. Seeing you happy with your kids is going to make his abuse worse. That’s how selfish and destructive they are. The lovely memories you should be making with your kids are tainted by his behaviour. It leaves little headspace for those you love x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content