Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      thankgoodness
      Participant

I hate being stalked by a familial abuser, it’s creepy and I have anxiety, panic attacks and PTSD. Has anyone experienced a stalker family member?

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Well she didn’t stalk me but she harassed me. When I requested time for myself to work through my trauma, my sister became aggressive and harassed me through phone calls, emails, texts. When I blocked her everywhere, she sent her husband to my door (detail removed by moderator), coming herself with her husband to my door (detail removed by moderator), and sending her (detail removed by moderator) friend to my door afterwards.
      When her husband came to my place I warned – through the door without opening it – that I’ll call the police if he’s not leaving right now. He left. And came back together with my sister (detail removed by moderator). After (detail removed by moderator) of knocking on my door relentlessly and calling me all sorts of names, I called the police. They took their time and I was a mess when they came but that did it. They told her not to bother me anymore, I asked if I should press charges but they said no need she got the message. She didn’t harass nor stalked me after that.
      These abusive people only listen to higher authority. Involve the police, it is worth it.

thankgoodness
      Participant

You went through a lot HopeLifeJoy! So strong! I don’t know how you coped. x

Soyalakemeya2
      Participant

Yes one time but the stalking was from a neighbour following on a motorbike. he had been intimidating me in the past. I do have an abusive brother and I know it had everything that to do with because that neighbour said to his family he was gonna help my brother beat me up. He insults me to his family.

Soyalakemeya2
      Participant

It is extremely perverse and unerving knowing they could be watching.

Monkey1234
      Participant

Hey,
      My brother doesnt stalk me but I know the feeling of beind scared and stuck because of him. Im scared of all people who look or act like him and now I have a neighbour just like him. Its like I cant get away from people like that and it feels powerless. I would say, do whatever it takes for you to be free but dont let your sibling get the better of you.I even did some rituals to make the house safe and Im not really that spiritual, but it made me feel better. You are worthy of love and safety and freedom.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content