Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve been really messed up recently, dealing with all my memories and the pain that is still here x-years later.
      It’s been really hard for me to admit what was done to me and even then I can’t say it all.
      I just want to curl into a ball and have the world just go away. I’ve started making a mental cardboard box (a big one) for me to imagine sitting in, where no one can get at me.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there and welcome to the forum. It’s the hardest thing to admit to ourselves that the person we loved the most in the world could be so wicked. Allow these feelings to wash over you. It’s part of the healing process. Many many of us squash these feelings down thinking we’ve dealt wirth ir but sometimes the silliest of incidents awaken those buried memories. I literally spent weeks lying on the couch with the covers pulled over my head to shutout the world when I first realised who I was actually living with. It’s taken months of reading posts, posting my own thoughts helping others, reading books to know it’s not me, there’s times that knowing is still not enough. I’m still with my oh, so well done on getting away from yours.
      IWMB 💕💕

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content