Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi

I posted the other day panicking about going to rape counselling and opening the boxes in my head.

I had some great support here and went for my first session, though I know I won’t always leave feeling as positive as I did this time I do know that this is the was forward for me.

So what I trying to say if any of you ladies don’t know to go or not if you are lucky enough to have the chance to go, please do we can’t let our abusers ruin our future.

FS xx

Well done F S for taking that step I am very proud of you. You are taking steps to put the abuse behind you it’s fantastic. I’m still waiting for my counselling it feels like I’ve been waiting forever!

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi PL

Thank you, I have waited a long time for this, I think thats why I panic. But in one way I’m more ready to get more out of it. Hope you get started soon. xx

Hello FS. It’s natural to feel like that because you have kept it all contained inside you and you are afraid to let it out because you don’t know what it will do to you. I’ve had counselling in the past for other things and I think initially it will be difficult to let things out and you will feel worse before you feel better. It’s one thing acknowledging what has happened to you but saying it out loud is another thing. Please continue to go as regularly as you need to and reward yourself after every session. Thank you darling I hope so too x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi PL, made me smile about you saying to treat myself after session, I got myself something for my new home, when I sale the one I’m in. 🙂

Hello there. Oh wow that’s brilliant I am glad you did. Maybe treat yourself to a cheeky McDonald’s next time lol. Have your eye on something in the week and then purposely have it after your session it will keep you going especially if you are dreading a session 😊 X

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Hi FS, I’m so pleased to hear the session went well. I often the find the next day at work a struggle, it’s tiring too. Be very gentle with yourself. Here’s to healing! Xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank you both next week I’m toying with the idea of going out for a meal or the cinema on my own.

PP you were so right about it hitting you later,in the early hours I remember all the times I shouted or was horrid to my abuser. I felt like it was all my fault, staying or antagonising him. Alienating my children.

I’ve been for a long walk to clear my head, and am feeling a little better now.

FS x

That’s ok not a problem. I have been wanting to watch a movie myself for a long time but never got round to it. Please let me know how it was!

It is very important to recognise when you need to take time out for yourself and walks are great to evaluate things. I would highly recommend reading up on the Dalai Lama he says to thank your enemies as because of them you have a declutter of your mind and he’s so true! What I know now is phenomenal and it’s down to him he’s given me even better life skills. Thanks perpetrator! This empowerment will absolutely destroy them and I want to find my self-belief even more so would prefer to read up more on how to become a better human being rather than read up on abuse because I don’t want to know the ins and outs of his vile brain I would rather know the ins and outs of a loving, caring, non violent, compassionate, unmaterialstic, spiritual person as that’s what I thrive to be. X

Anonymous
      Inactive

So proud of you falling skys I can’t wait to start my therapy now xxxx

Falling Skys
      Participant

PP – like you I want to turn the negative of my abusive relationship into a positive. Because I refuse to let him control or ruin the rest of it.

IAF – thank you for your kind words xx and I wish you well with your counselling xx we need to get these abusers out of our heads ☺

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content