Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Howtobeme
      Participant

It’s been a few weeks since I left and I went to my first Universal Credit meeting today and it just him. It is actually real. I had to leave my home, uproot my baby, quit my job, move back in with ny parents.

I feel like such a failure and I don’t know what I’m meant to do. I feel really lost and mmoving back with family is making me feel my life is going backwards but now I’ve got a precious baby with me so I’ve ruined his life too.

KIP.
      Participant

It might not feel like it yet but you’ve saved your baby. You’re just starting to rebuild you life again and this is the time you take all the help offered. One day you will be in a good place to repay that help. Just be kind to yourself and take baby steps x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m not in the same situation as you, but felt pretty much the same. I’ve been out a while now and I’m trying to rebuild my life. I ended up in an awful lot of debt, but I’ve got plans in place to pay it off.

Give yourself time to recover. You’ll really need your family to do that. But you will come back. Just take your time.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m also in the same positions. I am living with my parents after having no choice to leave. We’re little money and now on benifits. I’m at the age where I should be set up with a home a career and I have nothing of the sort stripped away of confidence and left feelin shame and emotional wreck not really knowing how to move forward I had left a long time ago when my child was a baby but I was talked round and went back. Now I feel so much regret for going back when my child was a baby as if I had of stuck to my guns my child would not feel the confusion and understanding that he has now and it would have been easier on him when he didn’t have any understanding than it does now. X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content