Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

My gym membership is coming to an end, and I was pretty annoyed that- for much of the membership period- the spa was out of action. It’s now getting repaired, but that didn’t much help me!

In my marriage, I became someone who was scared to stand up for their own rights and maybe even felt I was undeserving of anything. I think it was all part of his project to make me think that I should give, give, give and not want anything for myself.

Well, I telephoned the Chief Exevutive and complained, and I’ve been given some free months, with a big apology!

I also managed to bite my tongue and not succumb to my perpetrator lodger’s attempts to get me to change my mind about asking her to find somewhere else to live. I minimised contact and tried the scratched record response- in fact, I put into action all those yechniques I was taught on my Pattern Changing course about dealing with a perpetrator- and it worked! She left without any more cross words having to be exchanged.

I’ve also had my assessment for a dental brace. I’m ploughing ahead with that. I’ve signed up to a beauty group on FB which gives tips and offers.

And I’ve just been to a session at the gym! 😇

lostandbroken
      Participant

A big yaaaaaay to you hun!!!

Really happy to see that good can come from our suffering. You should be very proud of yourself xx

KIP.
      Participant

Well done. All you are asking is what is reasonable. After years of living in a world full of backing down, compromising and dreading confrontation, it’s only what is fair. And how nice that they agree with you. It’s nice to be pampered 👏

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

So happy for you and proud of you, well done!!

Ayanna
      Participant

Wonderful news!
      Life has endless opportunities. XX

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

That is fabulous to hear Serenity. Go you!! 🙋 Xx

jsscollie
      Participant

Well done you, you’ve been so brave. Be proud of yourself for this achievement x

Suntree
      Participant

Well done, good news all around.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content