Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      StrongLife
      Participant

It’s been a long time now.

I do not live with him and the situation is different now. Ultimately I do not have to have contact with him ever again and it’s unlikely he would find me.

I have done a lot of counselling and such and I need to move forward with my life. It was all some time ago and I’m now in a safe place and have been for some time. The anxiety of a stalking future etc has not come about from when I first moved into where I am now.

I am getting triggered from time to time and I need to work on that bug there has been a complete shift recently. I’m sure it’s just time etc. it has been a long time and I was single mom for a long time after separation.

Not sure what this is all about, however I’m in a completely different situation to what I was and it feels like it’s over now.

Angeltakemehome
      Participant

It’s good you don’t live with him anymore and that you are finding yourself again. It’s normal to be triggered. I remember my first partner was quite abusive and would scare me a lot. There were problems with domestic violence in his family too so I was constantly on edge.

What do you feel you need right now?

StrongLife
      Participant

Hi there,

Thanks for this.

I need to resolve family issues and issues with relationships.

Once I realise I won’t meet him again and anything can be planned it calmed me.

It’s all just about the amount of time that has passed. That is all.

I have tried a number of counsellors but limits have cause issues.

I need to realise this is over.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content