Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I’m trying so hard to tighten up my security on social media and have altered my FB name. When I do a search in Google using my old name, my new ammended version still comes up, complete with my FB profile details, photo’s & posts. Does anybody know how to make yourself annonymous in Google searches please? (My FB security settings are really tight so my name shouldn’t appear in general searches)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hmmmmmm I don’t actually know. Maybe you would need to make a whole new Facebook account? Hope someone can come along with a better solution xx

Yes, i know that that would work. I don’t want to draw attention to myself with friends and family as none of them know about this. If I create the new account they will all be asking why, its really awkward. X*X (thank you for your advice anyway) X*X

Ayanna
      Participant

It takes a while before your old fb profile disappears from google.
      You can contact google directly and ask them which info about yourself you want removed. You need to search for these contact details, they are on the google website and there is a form to fill in. I have done that a few years ago and all info about myself was deleted.
      Today I contacted a petition website to remove info that comes up about me.
      You have to do this for every little piece that appears about you.
      With time it will all disappear.

Thanks very much that is helpful i will do these things. X*X

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content