Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Shelly123
      Participant

Hi all,
      I am new here i am due a baby any day and have managed to break away from my emotionally abusive ex who has turned and isolated me from people i was close with. I feel like shouting off the rooftops how emotionaly avusive he was but they wont listen as they think i need to be in a mental institute as he has made out like i am mental. so here i am surviving with extra hormones from this lil one so emotions are up and down. Will be a hard journey but we will survive. I owe it to my baby to break away but how do you stay strong

Anonymous
      Inactive

All I can say Shelly123 is that you have done one of the hardest things and broken free. I’m not sure I’m qualified to answer your question about remaining strong as I am still with my abuser – but I want to say that you stay strong by feeling your baby move or holding him/her and remembering what he put you through and how much you don’t want your child having to experience that.

Huge squishy hugs

TTMO xx

Shelly123
        Participant

Thanks TTMO,

I find it so hard i feel like my baby needs her dad although i know i dont want the stress. I feel that he should care about the baby which he seems not to. He has two children due around the same time and has supported the other woman and been lovely where as i am seen as the “devil” in his words. All i want is my baby to be bothered about so i do struggle with that as i feel my child has been singled out already.

Serenity
      Participant

You sound amazingly brave.

Keep on asking for support. Don’t stop reaching out to the right people. X*x

Shelly123
        Participant

Thanks serenity i am trying just a constant battle is what it feels like

White Rose
      Participant

Hi Shelly
      You should try to talk to your midwife about your situation. They are all award of domestic abuse and should be able to help direct you.
      Hope things go ok with your labour and that you have someoneto supoort you during it x*x

Shelly123
        Participant

Thanks white rose i dont feel comfortable talking with my midwife about it i am super consious incase she informs social services, which is silly i know but i work in a professional job (removed by moderator) and sometimes knowing things is bad. Yes my family have been godsends and stepping in x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content