Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Scottish Thistle
      Participant

Finally my husband has caved and arranging to come and collect his ‘property’ (detail removed by Moderator). For months he’s demanded his stuff back but wouldn’t agree to the exclusion order terms and wanted in the house, out of the blue (detail removed by Moderator) he messaged my solicitor to say he’ll collect (detail removed by Moderator). Everything is packed up for him and left in the agreed location.

Not sure how I feel Exactly as it has been dragging on for a while. I’m glad things are moving on but kinda takes you back to the start again

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Scottish Thistle,

How are you? Did your husband collect his belongings? I hope you are doing ok.

Let us know how you are when you are able to.

Best wishes,

Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there. My ex did exactly the same thing for years. Eventually my sister had to take his stuff to his new address and dump it on the doorstep. It’s just another way of control. Don’t believe a word he says till it happens. If it was me I’d take the decision out his hand and say thanks for agreeing to remove your belongings but I’ve arranged for them to be delivered to you. That way you know they’re definitely going. I do hope he has collected everything already. My ex always left something behind x he’s playing games trying to get into your head. Don’t overthink x he wants you to be at the start again but youre not x keep going x

Scottish Thistle
      Participant

Hi both, yes he did come and collect yesterday. What should have taken an hour, hour and a half max lasted three and a half hours! I snuck out for a bit and when I got back in he was still there. Taking his time going through most of the bags, he did get upset as he was leaving as I could tell when he shouted as he left again blaming me and saying I’ve got what I wanted etc. He did take everything that was left out for him which is good.

I’m glad I went out though as I would have felt bad hearing him get upset – I don’t regret my decision I’m just a bit soft when people get upset even if they’ve done me wrong. I think if I hadn’t spoken to my local woman’s aid and solicitor when I left and got the support and reassurance from them I would Have gone back and continued the vicious cycle.

Last few days have left me emotionally drained.

KIP.
      Participant

Any contact leaves us emotionally drained. Any chance he gets he will continue his emotional abuse. He’s counted on your sympathetic nature and used it against you for years. He will have left happy that he managed to get into your head again. My ex could change mood in an instant. They have no depth and he only has himself to blame for where things are now. It’s time to concentrate on you and your recovery 💕

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content