Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Imogen
      Participant

Hi all,

I wondered what advice there is about contacting solicitors?

In a nutshell, “we” (I mean he) bought a house. I was pushed to sign documents I didn’t understand by a “friend of the family” financial advisor. I’m not bothered about that house but I’m worried I’m tied into things I can’t easily get out of.

I’m trying to get photos and copies of key documents to try and workout what I’ve actually signed for. Once I have these, is it a solicitor I should be contacting to help me understand and work out a plan,or is there a different service I need to contact? I obviously need to do this without his knowing.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

kitty
      Participant

One of the admins posted a link for me the other day that was helpful. Here it is.
      http://rightsofwomen.org.uk/
      Good luck x*x

Ayanna
      Participant

You can ask someone in the Citizen’s Advice Bureau to help you understand the paperwork. They will go through it together with you and also explain the meaning of twisted legal language.

Tuppance
      Participant

I have used a solicitor to help me and a friend who is a barrister but the solicitor comes at a price after the first free half hour.

I would make the best use of CAB and other agencies but I would always recommend verifying their advice / knowledge with a qualified and dedicated professional before you make any irreversible decisions. X

Imogen
        Participant

Thanks so much, all of you, really sound advice. I think CAB is the way to go first, just to start so I know what to ask when seeking out higher levels of service and advice.

x*x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content