Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      TweetyPie
      Participant

Well, he’s gone. I kept it plan and simple and told him he had to go. I was even willing to let him stay at the house until a rental property was available. He tried numerous delay tactics over the weeks so I gave him a deadline – and he went 🙂
      He’s been gone a good few weeks now. He’s still turning up at the house with silly excuses about getting toys/football for the kids but I can deal with that.
      We’d made arrangements as to who and when were having the kids. That all went fine – for the first couple of weeks. Then because I happened to go out for a friends birthday he suddenly decided to change the arrangements. (I know, he’s still trying to control me!)
      I asked if we could sit down to put a plan in place so both me, him and the kids would know the visitation schedule. He was having none of it and dictated to me when HE would have the kids. I said we needed to agree on something mutually or we’d have to do it through the court. He went ballistic lol.
      I’d suggested the kids staying over with him (detail removed by Moderator) nights per week and every other weekend. He said he couldn’t do every other weekend – no specific reason given of course. He said he was willing to compromise and that if “you want to go galavanting off out” then I’d have to ask him to look after the kids on that particular weekend night.
      I’m no fool, basically he’s saying ‘no’ to every other weekend because he doesn’t want me to be able to go out!
      Apparently, I’m being unreasonable not accepting his schedule and he’s the one doing all the compromising! No, he’s the one trying to STILL be in control.
      Any way, I told him that if we can’t agree mutually, we’ll have to go to court. Which obviously, he won’t do anything about so it will end up costing me financially…urghhh.
      Would it be wrong of me to either a) not let him have the kids until this can be agreed or b) drop the kids off with him when it’s his weekend and not ‘be available’ until I need to collect them from school on Monday??
      I don’t want the kids to suffer of for them to feel that I don’t want to see them.
      Thanks

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content