Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      anotherlife
      Participant

I’ve been waiting (detail removed by Moderator) weeks for my husband to calm down, to start talking again and to be civil and discuss why we’re falling apart. It sounds minor but he’s definitively trying to intimidate and control me. I’ve tried several times talking to him, to be talking down, spoken to rudely, called a liar, causing him stress, being selfish,the list goes on. My family and friends know I am calm, as thoughtful as I can be (while I’m trying to recover from an operation that has taken away any independence and unable to drive). I have 2 lovely kids who he is being nicer to than usual, as he often ignores them. While he watches to or on his phone. I feel awful for them as they’re getting in the middle of it but I honestly don’t think I can go on like this and can’t see a future for us anymore.
      Sorry for just moaning. I feel so controlled and isolated.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there. There is absolutely no point in trying to talk to an abuser. I wasted years trying to sort our problems but it takes two to make a relationship work. I always came away feeling confused. He always managed to turn the blame onto me. It’s ok to realise you don’t have a future with him. Nobody deserves to be unhappy in a relationship. He is not your responsibility. Neither is his happiness or wellbeing. You need to look after yourself and your children x

KIP.
      Participant

PS Abuse always gets worse x save yourself

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content