Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

I feel so fed up sense I life my ex partner because of domestic abuse nothing got any better my ex family are starting problems where ever I go they seam to be there I dont even feel safe shopping anymore I keep looking behind my back which is horrible I’ve had to get the police involved to sort my ex family out they are scareing my children comeing up to us saying to me when can the children see there dad well they dont want to see there dad because I’ve asked them also I had a non molestation order involved at the time but now that has ran out I worry about our safety now there no non molestation order because my ex him self has not cause any problems sense the non molestation was involved they cant issue a other one but we are still at risk of domestic violence. The family are horrible they never Hurd my side of what’s gone on I now they would probably stick up for him because they think his done nothing wrong it’s so stressful pluse I dont have my own proper home which is causeing my children to stress out .where I live now I am haveing move once the homeless team finds me somewhere because my ex partner dont live far from here and the family keep causeing problems I cant live like this anymore I should not be liveing in fear like this . I feel sick physically because nothing geting any better the bidding site is useless because I am geting no where. I wish my life could build back together.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Rosemary

I am sorry. It sounds horrible for you all at the moment. Feeling unsettled this way, as well as being closeby to him and his family, is a horrible place to be, but hopefully as soon as something is found much of this distress can subside, given a new area and no contact with them anymore.

No, you should definitely not have to live in fear like this, and I hope that the homeless team will come up with something soon. There’s a bit of a housing crisis so its slower than it would usually be and thats hard on you. Would you be able to go into Refuge so at least noone would know where you were? You would also get support from a female worker to find somewhere and to help with any other issues.

Once you find somewhere you can build your life back, and I so hope that this happens for you very soon. It can be any day, maybe tomorrow something will come, or this week. I do hope so.

Warmest wishes

ts

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you Twisted sister
      I really appreciate your help I can’t go in to refuge because my son is over the age to go there which is ashame I tired many times I did not know there was a age in boys going in to refuge . Its horrible that my and my children life is not how we want it there seams to be alot of things happening which is stressful . Even the homeless team not help me yet to even move away from the area I am in because we are all vulnerable I feel like I am talking to my self. I wish my life would get better for my kids I want our life back on track it seams hard to find.

Kind regards
      ROSEMARY

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Rosemary

I am saddened to hear that things are so difficult for you all.

Is anyone supporting you to get him away from the children? Is it the case that you’ve moved out for your own safety, but he’s made the children stay? Yes, its only right you would want life to be better for your children. Is there any way of finding some support for you to be able to move through this? To get a legal process in place to have your children with you, and him removed from the picture, via an occupation order or such?

Do you have contact with any support, even just by phone call, or online outside of this forum? Its vital so that you can have the support to take the steps that need taking to keep you all safe and supported longer term.

warmest wishes

ts

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello Twisted sister

Thank you for your message sorry for the late reply. I don’t have anyone that is supporting me now in the last homeless centre I was in I had a support worker but because we had to move again this place we are in there no support worker here but social services have been intouch with me they are going to get me a family support worker to help me with everything like houseing and children mental health I feel lonely on my own that the council don’t care about giveing us a house.

I had a non molestation order for my ex but that has ran out now so we are all at Risk again my solicitor will not issue me a other one I moved put for our safety my children live with me .

Thank you for your advice I really appreciate it.

Grey Rock
      Participant

Hi Rosemary.

If you don’t yet have Women’s Aid or similar supporting your application for housing please consider contacting them and getting a support worker on board. They really helped me in both my application for housing (although I was still on the list for a year before they housed me), and also in dealing with police and courts so that a restraining order got put in place to stop contact both from him and any third parties.
      GR x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content