Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      seaglass
      Participant

Hi, I am still stuck, full of doubt. I have been in contact with my local WA again as i was having worries that I had in fact made it all up, its not too bad etc etc and Im being over dramatic.
      I keep myself feeling ok by not expressing anything or asking anything other than polite small talk, I have removed myself from the bedroom for several months now,and have resisted al his attempts at affection ( well about 2 attempts ) but having read a few other posts does this then mean i am the one being abusive and playing control games? I did this as I felt it was the only way I could make myself heard, there is no point talking or discussing as everything is twisted to be my fault, and that just makes me feel bad. I removed my self physically as i didn’t feel safe emotionally if that makes sense? I feel intimidated by him if i try to speak so i have resorted to not really speaking but that feels pretty awful too. It must also be awful for our child, no arguing but just this non relationship between her parents. Yet we are still in the same house and i think he now belleves he is the one being abused.
      I am letting myself and my child down through my own lack of self worth.

Treetopsgreen
      Participant

I am in a similar situation whereby my husband lives upstairs in the bedroom. My husband doesn’t talk to me. If i try to talk to him, he just shouts at me “I’m not interested”, then he walks away.

I’ve always lived by the philosophy that “in a world where you can be anything, be kind”. Even when my husband is nasty to me, i remain calm and just be nice. I think people often find it difficult to be nasty if you are being nice. I’ve learnt not to stoop to his level.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content