Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

I had a letter through from the tax credits, saying that they had information that I wasn’t living alone as I had claimed, that I was not single.

At first, I imagined that my ex was falsely claiming that I had a boyfriend/ partner- to try to get me in trouble or wreck my entitlement to working family tax credit. But I wanted to find out immediately, so phoned them.

Turns out that different agencies are linked, at it was flagged up to them because somewhere along the one, my ex had claimed he is still living here with me at this address.

I think he may have lied about owning this house and living here in order to get another mortgage. I guessed he might have.

Point is, he has lied and now I have to provide proof that I am paying the bills, that I am divorced, show my bank statements, that all bills are in my name, that I pay single parent rate council tax,etc…

It’s like I have too prove that I am not lying. It’s dreadful. If I don’t, I lose my tax credits.In his attempt to overstep the law, he is creating chaos for me.

Well, I will need to give the evidence. I think I will even enclose a letter showing that the court has asked him to stay off my road! What clearer evidence is there that he doesn’t live here!

Will it ever end? X

Anonymous
      Inactive

It will end, let him get on with it, you have proof you are doing nothing illegal eventually he will get bored when he realises you are not rising to the bait. Sending you hugs you are doing brilliantly x

godschild
      Participant

Hopefully he will be made accountable for his lies, but have all of the hassle xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

Stay strong , u r single and on your own with kids, throw the evidence in their face , this is another battle u gonan win

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

What a nightmare for you Serenity. As you say, it just goes on and on. I have recently severed the joint tenancy on the house. I presume you will have done that when you bought him out? Is that a source of legal proof maybe? I hope they believe you without it being too much hassle. Good luck xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content