Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      squisher
      Participant

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share how I’m feeling at the moment because it’s confusing me so much. I feel so overwhelmed with it all that I’ve started feeling like it’s not real and I’ve imagined it all, i feel like im floating above myself if that makes any sense?

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful angel… Squisher,
      Sometimes we can feel like this when things get to much… we take a step back or sit on a perch like a bird and watch ourselves from below
      This is OK to do and obviously what you are needing
      Be kind and gentle with yourself and nurture the inner you
      Let that old you float away to make space for the new you to come through
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Grey Rock
      Participant

I remember feeling this way after I left at first. I think there was probably just too much change to process, as well as suffering from a bit of cognitive dissonance and trauma bonds wreaking havoc all at the same time.

It took me a little while to get to a stage where I knew where I was or what I thought. I needed to get to know myself and trust my own judgement again. That’s the healing we all have to go through I suppose. It was tough though.

GR

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content