Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      anotherlife
      Participant

Every day seems like a bad day. I forget to breathe properly, I barely ever take a deep breath or think about it, as I am constantly stressing and obsessing about trying to just manage or concentrate or find some motivation. It’s ebbing away.
      But too much time thinking and over thinking makes things worse doesn’t it? We need to somehow make time for ourselves (I have too much time on my hands but still do nothing nice or go anywhere nice, I seem to just hide away).
      I wanted to write this post, not to moan about my situation, but just to say that we all have strength inside, sometimes we think we have none left, but hiding in there is a little bit, which can grow. Even if it only grows for 5 minutes while he’s not around, just think of it as a seed for a spring flower or a tree that could grow acorns for the squirrels – it has to start somewhere and some take much longer to grow, some trees take years.
      Wherever you can find a little strength inside or support from outside, hold onto it and let it nourish or grow. It will be hard, it really is hard. But we ladies, to each other, are leaves on a tree who together can grow and rise and flourish.
      This isn’t crazy! I haven’t been drinking! I’m struggling daily. But I will not let him take every part of the person I am and used to be. I still have kindness and love inside me and it Will always be there. That may seem like nothing to him as it’s not money, a great job or sex but it’s worth an awful lot more.
      I know it’s really hard for so many of us, but we can do this, it may take years, but we can! Tiny seeds of strength ladies, keep them safe within and remember we have support on this forum day or night, and we all care 💗

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Well done you Anotherlife.

It is truly impossible to know how to keep going, what function one is supposed to serve any more, just being alive each day is hardly it is it?
      Struggling hand to mouth each day because everything is gone as a result of abuse, no support services, benefits threatening homelessness and no hope of ever being back in a position of my own control over my life again.

Truly stinks.

Your post is awesome, that you have that to hang onto. That you have something that means so much to you, and putting that into inspiring others.

Keep growing.

Warmest wishes ts

enofadov
      Participant

Thank you for this

You’ve been my strength in the middle of the night.

One step in front of the other that’s all we can do
      X*x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Thank you anotherlife.
      It’s just lovely what you wrote. Very lovely.
      I had forgotten that it indeed starts with what’s inside of us. You brought my attention to it with your post and I am praying now every day for that little seed inside me to heal, to grow again, to become big as a tree, enjoying the wind, the sunshine, the birds, to enjoy life again.

Aliceinwonderland
      Participant

Another life, thank you and what beautiful words. The aftermath is just so complex for many women, I struggle with panic, anxiety and insomnia and sometimes it’s hard to focus on the good. But you are absolutely right that little bit of strength and love can grow. He made me feel so worthless but one day I will know and feel in my heart that I’m am not.
      Thank you again for the lovely words and positive thoughts, they were much needed today x*x

anotherlife
      Participant

Hello lovely ladies. I’m glad this post helped a little. I rarely feel positive about things but have to keep going for my children. We are still together as a family for the moment, his Jekyll and Hyde / yo yo temperament makes it impossible to know what he’ll be like next.
      I’m anxious constantly, nervous of him for so many reasons. But I can see it is making me fe worse and that’s why I was trying to find a way of grasping some hope, no matter how small.
      I love the fact that we can find support on this forum for anything we are going through. Silent voices of support. We are more to each other than these partners of ours who don’t rely care for us at all.
      I feel better when he’s not around but I know the relief I expected to feel if I ever got him out would be unlikely to arrive as there would be so much going on, so much upset and every thing to plan for the children. But I won’t be the first or the last to do it.
      The weaker we become, the stronger they will feel.
      One other thought – I remembered the other day, that a relative told me years ago that mid I had problems I wanted to stop worrying about, imagine a box and that I put the problems in there at the end of each day. Well, as I was indeed struggling and thinking of tiny ways to help myself, I decided that I would find a little box – each day I will imagine certain issues being put in there and the lid closed. Even if he winds me up or saya something nasty, I think I will be able to imagine the words going into the box and captured.
      No, again, I haven’t been drinking! Just anything to help things feel less bad or to persuade me to stop going over things again and again and again.
      Once again ladies, tiny seeds of strength and love 💗

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

It’s a good idea with the box thingy. Not taking it into your courts, but leaving it outside of you, where it belongs. He would say these nasty things to anyone, because he is a nasty person. Keep going darling, keep safe also.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

I think not only do they feel stronger when we are weakened but that they despise us more the less respect we have for ourselves, the less of a person we are,driven into the floor.

Gather your strengths inside,quietly, put our thoughts to good use, use their words of vile to turn us around, to help us see, to give us the conviction to climb out, with the whole forum extending our helping hands out to pull you out of it for ever.

Warmest wishes ts

Anonymous
      Inactive

Those are beautiful words 🙂

I know this is not about winning, but if you can draw positivity from a truly awful scenario then you are the strong person that you know you are. I’m not religious at all but when I feel scared or anxious I say the lords prayer in my head. It makes me feel more protected. This whole journey has made me feel more spiritual. We can hold our heads up high knowing that no matter what we survived/are surviving! We have no choice especially for the sake of our kids. Although on many days there is a dark cloud hanging over me there is also light at the end of the tunnel.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content