Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Buddy
      Participant

Hi , as previously mentioned my husband has sporadically thrown things during our marriage in arguments! It’s not a regular thing ! Recently attacked my dad on a stressful Holliday!
      He is now going to anger management and wants to try and work at things , although I am reluctant as hate him for what he has done to my dad!
      I am finding it hard to come to any decisions if I have so much anger towards him!! We have been together a long time !
      Recently a guy I have known for many years whom I have confided in has been very attentive and I am finding myself chatting to him online a lot! Has anyone ever been in this position? A close friend mentioned that someone she knew similar to my position did this and ended up having an affair ! This made it easier for her to gain her self esteem and get out of her marriage!
      Has anyone been in this position ? Any advice? I may stop messaging him as I may be making things worse for myself !

KIP.
      Participant

Hey Buddy, you’re very very vulnerable and should steer clear of anything like this. Your emotions will be all over the place. Don’t believe a word your husband says. Just watch his behaviour. My ex always made an effort when he sensed I was gaining strength to leave. Then the cycle begins over again. He won’t change x

Dragonfly
      Participant

Hey

It’s good sometimes to get a little boost by talking to someone else but you know it’s not right eh? It’s a distraction and people will say things to draw you in.

Just be mindful. I tried to be the third person, the one on the outside looking in, to put my situation into perspective. What advice would you give to a friend in your situation?

Try to focus on the actual problem. Whatever decision is made, make sure it’s your decision. Your husband truly has overstepped the mark. Perhaps irreparably. Think about what you want and need, not what other people want x

Buddy
      Participant

Hey, dragonfly and kip. This is sound advice, thank u ! I will cut contact , I think I was just drawn in to easily! A bit of light relief from a hard time in my life ! X

Dragonfly
      Participant

Completely understand you Buddy. Your mind’s probably all over the place but hang in there. My eyes have just been opened to someone that was talking to me. I noticed red flags just in time x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content