Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Losingbattle
      Participant

So we have been split a couple of weeks now. I’ve pined and obsessively text partly wanting him to come back but I’m finally in a place where I am confident to report him for domestic abuse. I wrote a list and screen shot conversations. I’m just wondering, he says alot of bad things about my daughter (to a previous relationship) refers to her as evil, b***h, c**t. Can I use this as part of the abuse? I suffer with anxiety and when he says these things about my child it really bothers me. And his constant swearing at me. Really bad

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely use it. It’s abusive. Imagine a stranger in the street saying these things to you. Same thing. He doesn’t get away with it just because he was your partner. In fact it’s worse as he’s supposed to care for you. Report every incident you remember and let the police decide what they will use. Well done for holding him accountable x

White Rose
      Participant

Definitely use it, and everything else you have, don’t be embarrassed to share, don’t think it too small a thing to share, share it all, it was real, it happened and he’s accountable for his actions
      Well done for taking this step, it’s hard but such a positive move for you xx

Sharppenthinskin
      Participant

I’m in the exact same position as you in terms of reporting. I’m finally giving my video statement (detail removed by moderator). I can relate to what your saying and feeling. My advice after I spoke to the officers and the lady from (detail removed by moderator) is every little detail is vital. It all counts. Don’t diminish any parts because you think they’re invalid because that’s what he’s made you think.

Stay safe and stay strong x

Losingbattle
      Participant

Its taken a long time for me to feel strong. I still have moments where I feel myself breaking but I’m wise to his games etc. (Detail removed by moderator) for instance, told me he wasn’t seeing the kids cos of work but at last minute told me to take them to him. I said he’d have to wait, so he accused me of stopping him from seeing them. I gave in to avoid an argument. But as l left he messaged asking me to take his (detail removed by moderator) from the house. When I told him I had already left he started swearing and accusing me of leaving it on purpose. It was awful. Really showed his true colours

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content