Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Bluey2022
      Participant

I’m really struggling alone. I can’t trust anyone anymore. I’m so so sorry

Darknessallaround
      Participant

I just wanted to reach out to say that you are not alone. I get how difficult it is to trust anyone, when your trust in others has been shattered. There is absolutely nothing to be sorry for. When you live in an abusive situation it makes you retreat from the world. You doubt everything and everyone. Please do keep reaching out and sharing as much as you feel comfortable with. Everybody here will understand.

Bluey2022
        Participant

I’m so scared and completely alone. I just need some support. I’m sorry for being a burden

charmed
        Participant

Bluey2022 hi and welcome.you are not alone sweetie I can tell you’re feeling really defeated right now but you’re in the right place for support and understanding.proud of you for posting take care hugs xx

CoopCloud
        Participant

💚 I promise you, you’re not a burden. Life is hard. It’s unfair and difficult and sometimes it’s like we’re wearing blinkers and we can’t see.

What’s happened? Rant away.. even if you think it sounds bananas; we’ll believe you.

Gotthatrite
      Participant

@Bluey2022

Post as much as you feel comfortable with here, there are some amazing people who will reply and hopefully help you along your journey. You have already taken the first step and reached out, keep going. You are not alone

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Bluey2022,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting to open up about how you’re feeling. I hope that you find this to be a safe place where you can share support with others who understand.

It sounds like things are really hard at the moment, you should be proud that you’ve taken the step to reach out here even though you’re struggling and feeling scared. You’re not a burden at all, this community exists so that you can ask for support.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (8am – 6pm weekdays and 10am – 6pm weekends/bank holidays). They won’t tell you what to do but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa
      (Forum Moderator)

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m truly disliking myself due to issues with my other half and my son . It’s just making me think what goes around comes around. Everything that I’m dealing with is most probably my fault anyway. I will still speak to the womens aid person but deep down I will put everything being my fault.

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Abuse is never your fault, Stargazing1. However, it’s incredibly common for survivors to blame themselves. It’s understandable that you’re feeling this way even though you’re not to blame. A big part of abuse is usually being told it’s your fault, over and over, it’s hard not to start to believe it. You’re so strong to be reaching out for support despite this.

Take care and keep posting,
        Lisa

Shaishai
        Participant

It isn’t your fault. I still blame myself for everything I went through. My therapist always asks me if another woman said it was their fault for the abuse would I say to her yes it is your fault? I wouldn’t because I know it wasn’t their fault. It is hard to believe it for yourself though as it’s your emotions causing that belief. It’s easy to be rational about someone else.
        I hope this helps you a little. It doesn’t always help me but there are times that I can believe it wasn’t my fault. Just not many times yet.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Thank you @Lisa , I appreciate your support it’s very kind of you to be as supportive as you are . You take care too.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I have been thinking long and hard and have realised my lack of communication skills is the reason I’m in a mess . This is no one else’s failure but mine . I don’t like communication very much and I’m no good at telling people about issues that need to be discussed that is why people in my surroundings are cross with me . I can’t believe I’m so stupid. I truly wish I was strong unfortunately I’m not . I apologise unreservedly to everyone 😔. I am so very very sorry 😞.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’ve caused all of this saga . It truly is all my fault. I’ve not been strong enough that’s what all of this is about me not being strong enough to communicate properly.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Is there any wonder I dislike myself. I just ruin everything.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I apologies unreservedly to everyone. I hope you will accept my apology.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m awaiting an autism and adhd assessment so if I do have these issues then it could prove I’m too blame for everything.

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Hi Stargazing1,

You are not to blame for how someone chooses to treat you, he chooses to be abusive. There is no justification for abuse- the outcome of the assessment may mean you deserve more support but it does not hold you responsible for the abuse in any way.

take care and keep posting

Lisa

Mummy4
      Participant

Really struggling mentally physically and feeling so alone and deflated since leaving (detail removed by moderator) with my two children we been put in temporary accommodation a hotel room 2 hours from school which we still have to travel to oh and ex house (detail removed by moderator) from youngest school so it’s like living in a nightmare every single day we can’t move forward nothing have bumped into him couple times my (detail removed by moderator) boys behaviour out of control at school and with me he so angry we went to CAMHS they believe he has ADHD and possibly ASD I feel like I’m drowning everything is out of my control I’m now on antidepressants hardly eating or sleeping I have friends and family what try to support and help yet I feel so alone in

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content