Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hopingforpeace
      Participant

Im really struggling this evening. Issues with my ex, issues with my Mum whom it feels like sometimes im dealing with my ex. The Casualty rape storyline has been a trigger for me and taken me back to places in my head i dont want to be. Made me realise I still have unresolved issues, that ive not actually dealt with the impact of what i went through, the impact on my thoughts/feelings. Im feeling trapped by my thoughts, by my ex, feeling pressure from my Mum, I just want to clear my head and feel free. I haven’t felt this trapped feeling in a long while. When I feel like this I just want to get out and go for a walk and keep walking and listen to music on my headphones until I start to feel better or need to go home. Just to get out and be able to walk where I wanted helped me feel calmer and freer. But I cant go out. So hear I am posting for the second time in a few days, when before then I hadn’t posted in a long while. But I know you will understand.

Just wanted to send kind thoughts and solidarity and say I think I know something of how you feel.
      It is really hard to have phases like this, I know. It is really hard to wait until they pass.
      In the run up to my babes going away for the longest time in the year I would appreciate being able to post here, like you if I feel low.

I’m noticing I feel worse when I am emotionally exhausted, which I am right now. So I’m trying to reframe things in my head and think at least I won’t have so much housework to do in the next x*x weeks.

Sorry you couldn’t get out yesterday. I think this is a good idea the walking.

Hi Blueskies, I am sorry you are feeling trapped. I relate to that feeling too, with my ex, with my mum too – who is also a n********t/emotional abuser (though less so than my very frightening ex). I love your name, it reminds me of this quote that I like: “You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”

I think sometimes all we can do is get as much space as my possibly can, from the feeling, from the hurtful people and find some small things that help comfort and regenerate us. For me, that is nature, animals, doing something kind for people – these things help me feel more safe and open and more like me somehow, less like people are just taking from me and sucking me dry. I also like to listen to slam poetry sometimes or some kind of music that has some kind of hopeful message/or expresses what I feel – it lets know I’m not alone and other people feel the same way as I do.

This is one of my favourite ones:

(link removed by Moderator)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content