Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Itsnoteasy
      Participant

So I’ve had my partner taken away from me 2 weeks ago and still have 2 weeks to go
      I’ve spoken to an ISVA in person once
      A social worker might be able to fit me in today (detail removed by moderator) but cant confirm that so it could change to next week
      A person from (detail removed by moderator) has been in touch to tell me she will fit me in next (detail removed by moderator)
      The problem is I need support now or in the last 2 weeks and in fairness support us just not available
      I’ve spoken to Samaritans and they were no benefit
      I’ve looked up suicide helplines NOT because I feel suicidal, just in the vain hope I could talk to someone to explain my feelings
      My partner has done something to me which was totally abhorrent to me. It’s been going on about (detail removed by moderator) so I just snapped and went to Womens Aid who had me talking to Police before I knew it and away they took him
      BUT have left me to rot with 5 kids (detail removed by moderator)
      I’m now trying to cope with anxiety, panic attacks and insomnia and there’s still no one to help me

Itsnoteasy
      Participant

If I had realised I would be treated so poorly from any and all support services I would never have spoken with Womens Aid in the first place
      So so so let down

Sunshineee
      Participant

Breathe, relax. You need to keep calm as much as you can. Having an appointment next Wednesday is good, although you would’ve possibly wanted to speak to someone this week, next week is better than nothing at all. Have you spoken to IDAS? Your GP? Do you have friends and family to support you and whom you can speak to? In the mean time, keep yourself busy & take care of yourself and your mental health. Go out with the kids, go for lunch and walks, maybe to some baking? Crafts? Anything to keep yourself and them occupied to relieve the stress from you. Keep posting on here we are here to listen and to help and remember…you’re doing amazing! X

Itsnoteasy
      Participant

The kids have loads of clubs so I’m still taking them to those
      I’m struggling to keep my game face on
      I haven’t had a good cry because won’t let kids see me fail but oh do I want to
      We moved over from (detail removed by moderator) years ago so no family and I wouldn’t discuss with them anyway as my mum is poorly mental health wise
      Im not telling friends because I will have my partner back in 2 weeks and don’t want them knowing my business
      My GO is no use I won’t go to her
      I’m struggling to eat and my hands and knuckles are bleeding from constant cleaning and washing. At least he used to help me with dishes but no more help for me there

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Good morning Itsnoteasy,

I’m sorry to hear that you have not received the support you needed, it sounds as if the situation feels as if it’s being taken out of your control, which can be incredibly frustrating and dis-empowering.

Just to make you aware, as of the 31st October 2019, the National Domestic Violence Helpline is no longer run in partnership between Women’s Aid and Refuge, it is now run solely by Refuge and is not a Women’s Aid Service.

If you would like to speak to a Women’s Aid support worker, you can speak in confidence via our Live Chat service Mon- Fri 10am – 12pm). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here

Take care,
      Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

Having your abuser back in your life might seem like a relief because his abuse may have become normal to you. Sometimes when we are abused we can’t work out what’s really happening to us. The person who we think we love is destroying us. Bringing an abuser back into your home and around your children isn’t good and agencies will step in if they or you are in danger and rightly so. I was in your position and just didn’t recognise abuse. Meantime don’t put any extra stress on yourself. Cancel clubs if it’s too much. You don’t need to do everything. Explain to the kids that you’re struggling. And keep posting x

Itsnoteasy
      Participant

I’m sad lonely fed up frustrated angry and repentant
      I refuse to engage with my SOLO as was let mistreated so poorly and all I’ve had is excuses
      I had a cherry IDVA message to say we’d meet next week and wished me a fun half term. The b****y cheek of it. Is prefer not to meet someone with zero empathy cause that’s all I got from that person

Itsnoteasy
      Participant

So tried to access the live chat
      I waited for a support worker for over an hour and then the chat ended again with no success in talking to anyone again
      It’s a total waste of my time asking for help from anyone
      The resources are just not available
      That’s all from me now
      I’ll just continue to struggle alone like I’ve been doing during this sorry mess I find myself in

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content