Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Millionpieces
      Participant

Hi I have been struggling to keep surviving, I have been out from my abusive relationship but I feel so empty, I feel hopeless, my life is meaningless.
      I don’t know what else to do to get him and all his avusive impact from my head.

godschild
      Participant

Hi, have you had any councelling at all to help deal with what he put you through, sending you a hug x*x

Serenity
      Participant

It’s trauma, it makes you feel like this.

It will be a king process, peeling back the layers, but you will get there.

Pull out all the stops to get as much support as you can, rest, pamper yourself, start to make tiny strikes towards independence, engage in things that you feel reflect you and that he wouldn’t allow you the peace or time to do….

The most important thing for me was talking to and meeting with people who had been through it. You need that anchor. Ordinarily, people don’t understand fully unless they have experienced it. Support groups, counselling… It all helps.

We are all here for you X

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hugs Millionpieces,

Building self esteem and nurturing your inner child following (as others have said) trauma like this takes time.

I think we kind of have to change our mindset, and decide to move forward being happy.

You could try faking it till you make it. Pretend/act like a happy person until it becomes a habit (it does work, so is worth the effort).

I find the little things help – sniffing the air when I walk the dog, giving him or my kids a cuddle, warm bath, painting my toe nails pretty colours, reading a good library book, putting flowers in my kitchen … đŸŒș

My dog’s a life saver. I have to take him out so I have to go out too. Oh, and he’s never mean nor lets me down! 🐕

I also accept every invitation from kind friends I trust, even when I really don’t feel like going out. They take me away from the pain for a while, and often lift my spirits too 💖

Sian Williams has just published a book about Surviving Trauma which sounds good.

Much love sweetheart, look for the sunshine because it is right behind those clouds. ☀

S xx

Eve1
      Participant

I feel like this again myself. I will look at the advice here.

I have been through this once already, million pieces, and time really does help. Remember, baby steps.

Eve
      x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content