Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Having bad day. I lost a close family member recently and it’s almost a year since I last saw my ex but nowhere near getting closure. Sorting the funeral has really triggered me, seeing photos of us , having to discuss possibilities of ex pitching up at funeral with funeral directors etc. Makes me angry that he can impact even on this. I’ve had good support but feel I’ve taken several steps backwards this week.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Bettertimesahead,

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss.

You may be able to have a chat with the funeral directors and delegate the dealing of him to them should the need arise.

At this point, your focus needs to be on you, your family and the loved one that you have lost. Sending love and virtual hugs. xx

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Thank you. I have spoken to funeral directors and they were lovely.Ex police, really seemed to understand abuse, they have a photo of ex and will deal with him
      He would need to be arrested if turns up as it is against my orders.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content