Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

Its an anniversary of the last time he raped me. I am really struggling he did this many times but of them all this hurts the most mainly because i dont actually remember. I remember nothing not even going up the stairs. The first thing i remember is waking up the next morning, for certain reasons i know it had happened but i only know what he told me which makes no sense at all. It hurts do much not knowing what he actually did to me. Not knowing why i have lost several hrs of my memory. Its so hard. Now i have woken up and my anxiety is at an all time high. Had anyone else completly lost hrs of a day? Please i dont know how to handle this.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Inneedof

Unless he drugged you or he got you drunk there are reasons why you can’t remember.

My ex rape me, my way of coping was to lock them in boxes in my head. Decades afterwards as I distance myself from him they started to open, I can now remember every detail. I think my mind stop me from remembering while I was still in that situation. Lets face it the thought of someone that you love and they say they loved you, to rape us is not comprehensible.

Have you thought about about rape counselling?

Good luck

FS xx

FS xx

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

Thank you. I am on the waiting list to see someone.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Glad your on the list, I have been accepted and am waiting till they space think this will the best way forward for us both.

FS xx

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

I’m hoping so. I have so wanted to contact him today, just to ask what he did to make ne loose so much time, i lost hrs but i know he wouldnt tell me.

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

I am so tired this morning. I have now had two really bad nights sleep because of nightmares. Sometimes i really wonder if it was worth leaving it doesn’t stop even though I’m out doesnt stop in my head. I think i might try the helpline whilst the children are at school but i feel so guilty phoning them.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content