Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Apples
      Participant

Through every fault of my own I am living with my husband despite a court order that should have kept him away.
      Now I am on the housing register of several councils with the support of an outreach worker, but nothing is moving forward. I bid every week but I never get chosen for a property. Some of the councils haven’t even assessed the application yet even though I applied (detail removed by moderator).
      I cant private rent as I have an (detail removed by moderator). So I’m stuck – my children are stuck with this subtle abuse daily. I cant think of asking him to leave as he will flip and will be violent without a doubt, as he has in the past.
      I don’t know how to move forward and no one seems to care.
      I have asked for rebanding for priority in housing but just end up not being able to bid, only for my priority to remain the same.
      I’m not meaning to sound entitled but I’m so despondent and despairing.
      I know how to keep the peace in my marriage enough that I don’t want to take up the place in a refuge. But here I am, losing hope that I can ever escape this daily balancing act.
      Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Oh lovely you ARE worthy of a place in refuge as are your children… Refuge is for women in your situation. You are clearly afraid of him as he has been violent. I know it is terrifying but have you thought about talking to the police about your fears and hiw you want to leave but due to being fearful of his violence? There are laws in place to protect you as what he is doing is criminal and you deserve the right to be free from abuse and not have to adjust yourself to keep the peace.

Womans Aid will help you with a safety leaving plan and help with refuge, others on here will have experience of that and advise.
      YOU are absolutely 💯 worthy ❤️

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content