Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

He’s got someone else.

I know he’s an abuser, what she’s got coming.

So why does it hurt so much? 🙁

Bingowashisname0
      Participant

I understand. This happened to me when I split from mine the first time… I was replaced so fast, and I was crushed. Just when I was beginning to feel free… it all came tumbling down. After almost (detail removed by Moderator) we got back together. The only reason I don’t regret it is because we had more beautiful children together. I felt stupid. But I couldn’t bare the idea of him with someone else… that someone else could make him happy like I couldn’t. I pretty much begged him back.
      This time many many years later, we’ve split up. This time it’s different… I’m much stronger and I think I will actually feel sorry for his next woman (I believe he’s someone else already owing to all of his cheating).
      You’re not stupid at all… they shape us to rely on them and believe we need them… that no one else will want us.
      It’s easy for me to say because I’m starting to come out the other end, but try and stay strong. You deserve and will have so much better in your future.
      Remind yourself that you’ve been almost brainwashed to feel this way. It will take time but you can move in from this lovely lady. Take care of yourself x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sending a hug Lostforever. It still hurts whether they are the abuser or not. I had suspicions that my abuser was seeing other women, but never mentioned anything to him. Towards the last year he freely admitted that he was seeing other women regularly. The way he said it was like it was perfectly normal, but now I see that was all part of the mental abuse. I suppose none of us like rejection and it hurts that we once loved this person and were loyal to them but we didn’t get the same back.

I would say that your abuser has done you a favour. He’ll be grooming his next victim in, but you have your life ahead of you. Things will get easier xx

Weepingwillow
      Participant

Sorry you are hurting but he has done you a favour . You are free xx
      I know mine is an abuser but it still hurts when I see him flirting with other women on social media

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content