Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hardly slept last night. Had a terribly stressful day trying to juggle finances around to make sure I have enough to pay 2 of our direct debits going out on Monday. Asked (detail removed by moderator) for some money for the umpteenth time and it’s obviously conveniently been forgotten about again during today. Then just now, I’ve been criticised and laughed at at the same time for being sat on the sofa drinking a glass of milk. From the man who has had at least one bottle of wine since coming in the door with his children, probably more if I go looking for small bottles, on top of whatever he’s had while out during today. He’s off to bed and I’m sat here, as always, feeling like I need to listen out (soberly) for another half hour or so just to make sure the kids have settled. Just sick and tired of this, he’s done and said much worse but it was so needless and hurtful for no reason.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, I’ve been where you are. I remember the sleepless nights or the crying myself to sleep while he slept like a baby. You absolutely do not have to put up with this. It always gets worse. Financial abuse is a crime and he will use whatever he can to abuse you. Money, children, emotional abuse, insults. All designed to destroy your self confidence and self esteem. You do have choices. I’ve been free now for several years and I never dreamed life could be so good. Build a support network round you from women’s aid, to GP to trusted friends and family. You deserve so much better x and your children deserve a happy confident mum x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content