Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      AloneWolf
      Participant

I thought I would try and be nice and sent him a message to say Happy birthday. He started off with self pity messages then very quickly got nasty saying I have until the end of the week to tell him what I want to do with the house and that it’s not good enough that I haven’t told him yet. He also wants me to take the dog back and said its not good enough that I can’t face going back there yet as it makes me feel physically sick to think of going back there.

StrongLife
      Participant

Understand this. Any contact for me ends in abuse, harassment etc. it became pointless for me to talk to him. Being nice does not help either I find. It took me yrs to get rid of him finally. Still issues with divorce.

I too got physically ill and unable to return to area. I ended up living elsewhere due to fact it made me panic to go anywhere near area.

Ultimately I owe him nothing. I live my own life now.

Bananaboat
      Participant

It’s not a mistake to be a nice person or to hope for a civil conversation- that’s normal! Take it as a lesson learnt that he hasn’t changed, he won’t and as a reminder of why you stopped contact. I often liken it to smoking, you quit smoking, had a cheeky cigarette and realised you hated the taste/smell and didn’t smoke again x

AloneWolf
      Participant

Bananaboat, I’m totally feeling that right now. I felt I needed to contact him again to arrange collecting some more of our stuff and to return the dog 😢 (which I am dreading in the pit of my stomach, but I know the sooner I get it over with the better and reduces risk of him damaging our stuff!). He was very nasty and manipulative again. I’m now feeling hatred towards him, which I know isn’t healthy but feels a lot better than loving/missing him! I’ve blocked him now. Any contact can be through solicitor (who he said he will not respond to until I have spoken to him in person!). I hope I don’t go backwards – it really is a rollercoaster of emotions!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content