Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I worked really hard to only be afraid of my ex and not all men, and then I worked really hard only to be cautious of ex and not afraid. Suddenly I’m afraid of all men, not like I jump but that I worry and keep a distance between me and them so I can’t get hurt. I’m sorry if that doesn’t make sense. I have been told by other people that what happened to me was in the past and I should be over it. But the hurt is still there. Having to forgive myself for everything that happened to me is still there. Having to forgive myself for not being believed is still there.

White Rose
      Participant

Hi Freedoms
      People who tell you it’s all in the past and that you should be over it have no idea what it’s like. They are wrong. It’s not like getting over a cold.
      Time does make it better but everyone heals at different rates with inevitable hiccups along the way, and the healing may leave sores and scars that will always hurt.
      This is your journey and no one else’s so travel it at your pace and don’t feel you need to justify yourself to anyone. Never apologise for what happened to you, none of it was your fault. Some people will never understand and I think we probably just have to accept that.
      I too am very wary of men and it will take me more time to feel comfortable with anyone new, I’m also quite wary of some women!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you white rose. I just feel so stupid.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content