Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

My youngest asked if we could go out for a Sunday roast. He asked my eldest, and they both seemed very keen.

They wanted to go to a place I’ve not been for a couple of years, because it holds bad memories of my ex being irritable, barking at the kids for daring to ask for a pudding and him scowling at me or looking with contempt at me from across the table.

But I went. Despite it being very busy and potentially stressful and so a trigger ( I find crowds difficult nowadays), my two sons and I had a lovely, relaxing lunch without any scowls or moody behaviour, despite both being teenagers!

Well, it was always him anyway- not the kids- who made a drama.

Now for a cup of tea at home! Stress free!

Eve1
      Participant

Wonderful! Enjoy your tea and celebrate!

Love
      Eve
      Xx

Well done there what a great achievement you are doing so well for getting this far! Give yourself a massive pat on the back! I am so glad you and your children enjoyed it. This is a taster of what is to come! Very very happy for you xxxx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content