Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi everyone,

We know this is going to be a really difficult time for a lot of us on Survivors’ Forum, so we wanted to share some resources and reassure you that we’ll still be here, every day.

Our Live Chat is open 365 days a year, 8am-6pm on weekdays, 10am-6pm on weekends. On our email service, we’ll respond within 5 working days. If you want to talk over the next few weeks, please reach out for support and a place to explore your options.

The Survivors’ Handbook provides practical support and information, whatever stage you’re at, and we have more information about what support services are available here. There are also free courses focused on healing from trauma available on Bloom, including those on recovering from abusive relationships, healing from sexual trauma, and rebuilding ourselves after image-based abuse.

On the forum, a moderator will continue to check in multiple times a day and you can always message us. We hope you’re all looking after yourselves as much as possible, and will continue to take care of each other over this period, feel free to share your self-care tips and coping strategies in the replies.

A huge thank you from everyone at Women’s Aid for another year of being such an incredible community,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

swanlake
      Participant

Good advice that I received a long time ago was ‘hold on to you’.
      Under the influence of a controlling, coercive person it can be hard to be yourself but there might be some way to have a little outlet. I used to be afraid to go home from work but some of my workplaces were welcome escapes from my home life and suited my personality.

minimeerkat
      Participant

even when you are out of the relationship but are still suffering from feelings of loneliness & isolation, at this time of the year this forum will be a lifeline
      some of the women have shown such support & kindness – i really cannot thank them enough. because these connections are what will carry some of us through this difficult time of the year

browneyedmum
      Participant

I’m grateful for the volunteers who are helping steer us through this turbulent time. Thank you so much. Each and every one of your are saints.

Lostnalone
      Participant

Thankyou Lisa and the other moderators. Hope u all have a wonderful Christmas. Also thankyou to all the ladies on the forum who have helped and given such positive messages. I’d of been lost without you all. Hope everyone gets through the festive period the best they can. Best wishes ❤️ xxxxxxx

Atsah
      Participant

Hope everyone is ok as can be over christmas.The samaritans are amazing .I have called them a couple of times when i am not coping and feeling low, along with womens aid and all of you lovely people on here as well i don’t feel so alone.I am lucky in that i am not with my ex anymore but obviously he is still controlling my thoughts and my anxiety and PTSD symptoms are bad at the moment.it’s lovely spending time with family but also puts pressure on you to ‘act normally’ then the days where i don’t see anyone i am even worse.I went out to a shop (detail removed by Moderator) to get out the house and my ex was there at the tills, he didn’t see me i don’t think because he usually gives me a nasty glare but i was immediately very anxious and kept out the way in a corner of the shop and waited a good time to make sure he had gone and then i texted my friend and she reassured me i was ok and calmed me down..after many years he still does this to me.i get so annoyed with myself for letting him get to me still.feel like this is it for ever now

Galabeee
      Participant

Thank you for this message and for all the support over this time and before. This forum has honestly been a lifeline and navigating the festive period having left recently has been more difficult at times than I thought (as well as lots of moments of joy and surprise at what it CAN be like) ..
      Thank you to all of you and here’s to a safe and healthy 2024 for everyone

Wisperbar
      Participant

Hi not been here in long time …I’m in very difficult situation and I’m so
      Sad I feel broken
      I can’t move as classed as safe address but situation is not good
      I made a massive mistake because I was located
      And moved near only person icould trust
      And now is like a nightmare
      And I’m exhausted

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content