Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unsureofwhattodo
      Participant

Started a support group for battered women and this week is our 4th session of 8.

It’s been great. Really helpful to talk to people that have been through this. Really helpful to learn relaxation techniques. All of it is great.

Little nervous for the week we deal with trauma. My ex broke my bones many times. I get flashbacks sometime and it makes me sad and scared.

I really wish the police would pick him up. He’s been charged, but they don’t go get him because he’s in a different province now. I don’t really get it and neither does my (detail removed by Moderator) support worker. Hoping they do something soon.

Anyone else have success with support groups? I’m really enjoying it so much.

Have a great day ladies. Stay strong

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, I started my own group as there wasn’t anything local to me. Peer support is invaluable. Have you had trauma counselling? If you feel triggered by the discussion then please leave the room. There’s no point in undoing all the good work.

Unsureofwhattodo
      Participant

Hi there KIP.

yes have had trauma counselling before, just not for this. I’ve been in therapy for 20 years. Before all this happened.

I will leave if I get to upset. But I think it will be good. Remembering in a safe space will be cathartic for me. I think.

Won’t know until after (detail removed by Moderator). Looking forward to it.

Glad you enjoy your group too!

Unsureofwhattodo
      Participant

So just an update – today was trauma day. It was hard, but very helpful.

So happy I started this group. It’s been the best thing ever for my recovery.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content