Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Imfree
      Participant

has anyone supported a police prosecution?

im not sure wether to or not, im still scared of my ex and how he behaves. I also worry about breaking down and crying and getting too distressed.

my ex verbally abused me for ages, also pushed me a few times and sexually abused me I want to get justice but I read online and it seems like the judges often don’t take the abuse seriously enough or award the perpetrator more rites etc.

maddog
      Participant

If the police have got through the CPS hoops and there is enough evidence to prosecute you should have either an ISVA or IDVA to support you through the process.

There are so many myths which still about about rape, not just the man leaping out of a bush on a dark night. Lots of them are far more insidious. Whatever the result of a case though, it is emphasised that even if the perpetrator is found not guilty, it is not because the victim is not believed, but because there is not enough evidence.

Speak to the Domestic Violence Unit at the police or your IDVA or ISVA.

Ayanna
      Participant

Speak to Rape Crisis. They are very helpful.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content