Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

I have woken up this morning feeling quite surreal and almost like yesterday was a dream! It has suddenly hit me that yesterday was the big day and there was no arguments I didn’t get hit and I wasn’t raped! It almost doesn’t feel real how can I have accepted that as the norm for so long? Has anyone else felt this surreal feeling?

Falling Skys
      Participant

After dreading Christmas day without my children/grandchildren. But it was lovely not listening to the swearing, him getting more and more tense. The last few years no rapes as he couldn’t manage it, though I can still feel his hand on my head pushing it down to you know where.

It’s my first year without us being together, though in the same house. It is scary being there when he been drinking.

But like you how could I have lived thinking the shouting, abuse physical and mental became the norm.

Trauma bonding I think its called.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Christmas has such a build up which can cause a lot of tension and stress but it is over as soon as it’s started which can be such a relief.

I’m glad you both got through it and came on here to share your experiences.

Here’s to a peaceful new year.

Best wishes

Lisa

Forum Moderator

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content