Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Newgirl
      Participant

I’m completely disengaged now and I am just waiting to get out! I have no care or feelings at all for this man. I am still on edge all the time he is about which is hard but expected. I make the most of the time he is at work and I get time to relax which is nice! Is this a normal phase? I’m not questioning that I 100% want to go but with the cost of living it’s making it harder. I am excited to leave and start my life and I just wondered if this is normal? It’s like a waiting game just waiting for that moment when you can actually say it’s over. My debts are coming down so I’m putting all my effort into getting myself in a better situation for when it happens. I still find I’m shutting off from friends and family so he is still controlling but I’m exhausted from the backlash of that I am trying to keep my strength from disappearing as this is what I need it’s what I want and it’s where I will be happy and safe x

LozzyX
      Participant

It sounds a natural part of the survival process, I’ve seen it referred to as “grey rock”… Little/no emotional engagement with the abuser. Your just keeping yourself mentally safe whilst you get into a stronger position in preparation to leave .

Newgirl
      Participant

Thank you lovely I never knew that!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content