Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • #131777

      I lent my sister (detail removed by moderator) and she only paid back(detail removed by moderator) since the (detail removed by moderator) but no further payments since. She keeps on making excuses up as to why she can’t pay me and she uses her kids as a weapon and shield. How can I take her to court without actually contacting her myself as I can’t risk my mental health. Has anyone done this before?

    • #131797

      You could talk to a solicitor. Most offer free initial advice but keep all the evidence you can.

    • #152841

      I have taken ex’s to court. Costs are however not covered for recovery of money where I am. Maybe checkout cost of court action before because it can be exhorbortant for lawyers costs.

    • #159439

      Depending on where you are based, you can raise an action in certain circumstances. Eg if you are in Scotland and the amount is below £5000 you can claim via Simple Procedure. You do not need a lawyer. You would need to send a letter registered mail stating how much is owed and a date for payment. If she fails to either pay, or make a payment plan you can proceed. You won’t need to see her. Good luck

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content